Planning to move your refrigerator along with you to your new home?
There are certain steps to be followed to ensure that your refrigerator is transit ready.Below are a few tips that will help you move you freezer or refrigerator with ease.
Defrosting, Cleaning & Packing
- Defrost the freezer at-least a day before the move to prevent the water reservoir from being flooded with condensed water.
- Empty the refrigerator. Get rid of perishables eatables & beverages.
- Remove, clean and wipe dry the removable internal parts such as trays and shelves.
- Wipe and dry the interior walls of the refrigerator with a mild cleaning agent.
- Leave the doors open until the interior is completely dry without any moisture.
- Baking Soda can be placed in the refrigerator & freezer compartment to absorb odor.
- Tape the interior removable parts so that they don’t get off groove during transit.
- Glass shelves and trays need to be packed separately to prevent breakage.