Moving Checklist for Long-Distance Moves
Our moving checklist will help you properly prepare for your long-distance move. The list will provide a helpful timeline of moving tips to get you organized before your moving day. Long-distance moving can be very taxing, and our goal is to provide as much information as possible to help relieve some of the stresses. If you have any questions about the moving checklist, please feel free to contact your International Van Lines agent.
Please also check out our FAQ’s page for long-distance moving.
YOUR TO-DO LIST
ONE TO TWO WEEKS BEFORE MOVING DAY
WEEK OF THE MOVE
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR MOVE
1. Make sure you read the International Van Lines pre-move email. Also, make sure you’ve purchased additional insurance coverage.
2. Make sure all breakable items have been removed from dressers and packed away.
3. Check out our list of things that can’t be moved and make sure you arrange to have them shipped.
4. Clean the refrigerator and defrost.
5. Get enough cash to hold you over. The money will come in handy if you need to order a pizza or dinner in your new place.
6. Double check the moving checklist and then say bye to your neighbors!